How do you heat your home in winter? Do you use a bar heater? An oil heater? Or your air-conditioning unit? There are a lot of benefits to using wood heating, and this is the reason why so many people are turning to using wood heating to keep their homes warm.
- Warmer Heat – nothing will keep you as warm as a wood heater, think about it, fire has been used for warmth since the dawn of man.
- Saves you money – when you think about it, how much do your electricity bills skyrocket during winter? Heating your home with a wood heater saves a lot of money on those electricity bills a firewood bag is a lot cheaper than running your reverse cycle air-conditioner. If you are looking for ways to save money on your heating and be able to stay toasty warm, then wood heating is the way to go. With the number of people having fireplaces installed this year increasing, it seems everyone is looking to save money on those heating bills.
- Fireplaces are multipurpose – depending on the style of wood heating you are having installed, these units can not only warm your home, you can do other things as well. With the right utensils, you can use a percolator and make your coffee, use a kettle to boil water for your cup of tea, or even make a pot of soup. You can even warm up some milk for a cup of hot chocolate. Wood heaters can do more than just heat your home. Imagine not having to leave the warmth of the room to make a cup of tea or coffee!
- You can have the wood delivered right to your door. You don’t have to worry about sourcing wood, you can organise to have the wood delivered right to your door. If you want some exercise you can stack the wood yourself, or, for an extra fee your wood provider will stack it neatly for you. Keeping your supply of wood fresh is a simple as a phone call.
- It keeps you prepared for an emergency – electricity supplies these days can be unpredictable, especially when it’s in peak use – hot summer days, and cold winters nights. In summer while if you have no air conditioner you can cope, in winter, if you have a cold it can be a nightmare trying to stay warm. With wood heating you can not only stay warm, but if you have the right fireplace, you can even cook a warm meal, some hot soup and tea or coffee, it also gives you some ambient lighting in the room, so you’re not in total darkness. If you have some wet clothes, they can also be dried off in front of your wood fire. Keep your firewood bags topped up during winter and the cold or a blackout won’t worry you at all.